And, 2017 has come to a close. It was a pretty big year for me – there were a lot of changes and adjustments in my external and internal environment. As I go into 2018, there are a few shifts I’m trying to make and I’d like to share them with you.
- Business: taking a look at my business, there are a lot of technical things I need to achieve. Aside from those, I’m applying the quality intention by taking more focused time and attention on writing blog posts and other posts, and advertising in a more intentional way for consultations and workshops. I will sit down and figure out precisely what I’m trying to convey, why, and how.
- Academics: near the end of the year, I realized I was just doing assignments to do them. I will be cultivating quality in my schoolwork this semester/year by reminding myself of the why of each subject/assignment and putting more effort into learning throughout the semester so finals and AP exams aren’t as stressful.
- Physical health: the quality of my physical health has been waning, due to both some health issues and falling out of the practice of yoga. So, I will be taking more focused time each day/week to tend to physical health through Pilates, yoga, and walks.
- Mental health: this is something that often goes to the wayside for me. I need to cultivate quality in my mental health through journaling daily, meditating often, reading more, and multitasking less.
- Relationships: I often put hanging out with friends to the wayside in favor of work; but, this year I am making an intention of seeing my closest friends at least once per month outside of school, as well as spending quality time with family more often.
- Hobbies: I have quite a few hobbies, and they are all beneficial and I’d like to spend more quality time on them. I’ll continue growing in my calligraphy practice, as well as upping my writing time to a minimum of 60 minutes per week.